Fortitudo is a privately owned property development company that principally focuses on residential and commercial development across the South and London. We are seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working, self-motivated, and experienced Planning Manager to join our very busy office. This individual will have a rare opportunity to work alongside one of the most successful entrepreneurs in the south.
As a planning manager, you will liaise with planning officials and advise the business on planning policy and regulation, ensuring that compliance is met. You will have a keen eye on budgetary constraints and play a key role in project managing all new developments.
- Overseeing planning development plans and applications.
- Advising stakeholders on planning policy and regulations.
- Providing counsel and representation at key planning meetings and appeal hearings.
- Managing planning compliance.
- Informing and updating budgets associated with new developments.
- Offering hands-on advice to management and producing reports for senior staff.
- Preparing town planning and new housing proposals in line with company strategy.
- Obtaining planning consent for proposals.
- Liaising with the planning team on the development of new site proposals.
- Keeping up to date with planning regulations, policy and legislation.
- Preparing supporting documentation for proposals including key data related to projects: land use, occupancy rates, infrastructure support, demographic and costing facts and figures.
- Attending and presenting at proposal meetings, planning consent boards, appeal panels and public inquiries.
- Preparing budgets and overseeing the financial administration of planning projects.
- Communicating with key stakeholders involved in the project including external and government agencies.
- Performing surveys and field studies where required.
- Maintaining continual professional development in accordance with the requirements of the professional institute.
Essentials Skills / Attributes
- Outstanding research skills together with an in-depth knowledge of town planning processes.
- Analytical ability to understand and interpret data for a range of audiences.
- Exemplary administration skills with an ability to make sound and appropriate judgements at each stage of the planning process.
- Solid project management skills with an ability to be flexible when required.
- Strong numeracy skills with some experience of managing complex budgets.
- An ability to prioritise workloads and juggle competing demands.
- Good listening skills with an aptitude for superior written and verbal communications.
- Faultless planning skills including deep understanding of the planning consent process.
- Client facing competencies with the ability to present and communicate at senior levels and across a range of stakeholders.
- Keen knowledge and expertise of planning practice legislation across England.
- Problem solving flair with creative skillfulness.
- Experienced in using planning software and data systems.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Chartered membership of The Royal Town Planning Institute or The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors preferred.
- Minimum degree qualification in town planning or related discipline.
- Full and clean driving licence required.
This role is office-based only, applicants must be willing to travel to the office daily.
Location: Poole (office based – working from home is not an option)
Working days: Monday – Friday (full-time)
Working hours: 8:00-17.00 with a 30-minute break
Salary: £40,000 depending on experience
Holiday: 35 days including bank holidays
Start Date: ASAPApply