Fortitudo, who are a multi award-winning developer based in Poole, have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our team at an exciting time of growth. The company has a reputation of delivering a mixture of unique and high-quality homes across the South coast, with projects ranging from large volume mix use sites to smaller exclusive high value developments.
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will be involved in a variety of projects, working within the Construction team to help deliver projects, with a focus on minimising costs and enhancing value for money whilst still achieving the high standards of quality that Fortitudo expect. Whilst also overseeing and assisting the commercial team and reporting to the Commercial Director.
The role will be office based with weekly site visits, so having a driving license will be essential.
The ideal candidate will have relevant qualifications either a degree or HND/HNC with previous residential QS experience, min 5 years, from a residential developer or house building background and be able to demonstrate a good depth of experience in a commercial role.
Successful applicants will;
- Be able to work well both in a team and individually
- Possess good communication skills
- Be self motivated, detail orientated and organised.
- Be able to understand technical reports and information.
- Have good numeracy and IT skills.
- Procurement and negotiation of sub-contracts and main contracts
- Agreeing monthly payment valuations
- Monitoring & reporting progress on site
- Attending and chairing development progress meetings
- Agreeing instructions and processing variations
- Working with and alongside the design team
- Knowledge or experience in estimating would be a benefit but not essential.
- Agreeing Final Accounts
- Assist and guide junior members of the team.
- Full UK driving license
- Good MS Office Skills
- Well organised, diligent, self-motivated, and proactive
- Qualifications in Construction – Degree or HND/HNC
Salary & package to be agreed depending on experience